01) The first few months you will fluctuate between yay-i-am-officially-a-blogger excitement and only-two-pageviews-fuck-this-i-am-done disappointment. Stay strong. The best is yet to come, it just takes time.
02) On SEO - Is it just me or does this feel like algebra all over again??
03) You will hit your 100 followers mark and damn, doesn't that feel good?
04) You will discover that sleep becomes a rare luxury when you have to juggle that full time job, your never-ending college assignments and a blog.
05) Your social life becomes limited to a night out with friends once a month and if you are a lucky, a quick lunch/tea with your work bestie. But you'll always be able to
06) Blogging opens so many doors. You will meet a lot of wonderful and supportive people.
07) Of course, negativity will always be there. But you'll eventually learn to tune it out and stay focused on the positive stuff.
08) Change will become your middle name because at you'll constantly want to change your blog's look, name and features.
09) You will learn soooo much. Writing, networking, blog commenting, coding, photography, Photoshop and so many more things.
10) Oh and you 'll be on first name basis with your local librarian, the postman and the people at your local bargain book stores. Say what up, homie? Just stopping by to pick up a couple of reads, yo.
11) You'll look around your room and realize that you have a serious hoarding problem. Shelving problems, anyone?
12) You'll start your morning checking your blog, your Instagram, your Twitter, your Goodreads while everybody else is raving on about Facebook.
13) Okay, blogger's block is an official thing alright? One day you'll be so full of ideas and the next you'll stare blankly at that blinking cursor. Just hang in there girl, it happens to the best.
14) Whoever said that blogging is not a job is obviously some kind of super human. The number of hours put into your blog would probably be in par with your actual daytime job.
15) Hiatus - For when you are sick of hearing the word 'blogging'. Every now and then remember to unplug and take a breather. It really helps.
16) One day you'll question if it is worth all the trouble.
17) And then you write this magnificent post and be flooded with so much love from your readers.
18) People will write you lengthy e-mails and leave heart warming comments telling you that they adored your post and that you've inspired them.
19) You feel fucking invincible.
20) But then your family and friends will keep you grounded and you'll thank them for it.
Confession Time: What truths have you learnt through out your blogging journey?
Does my confession list match yours? No? I'd love to hear about your experiences so feel free to speak out!