Before I started blogging the only follow options that I used were GFC(Google Friend Connect) & Google Reader-I loved them both! They were easy to use and I was able to keep tabs on my favorite blogs with ease. But as of July 1st Google Reader will be leaving us and there are a few rumors going around that GFC will be next. I'm still freaking out over the fact that I might lose my GFC followers.
So now I'll be joining all the other bloggers who have added Bloglvin' as a follow option.
I wanted to try it out before adding it to the blog. It's been over a week since I started to use Bloglovin' and I am lovin' it!
- The design is clutter-free and easy to navigate.
- Can import previous Google Reader subscriptions. Yay!
- Posts are viewed as snippets so full posts will be viewed in a new window.
A lot of people do not like this feature very much but personally I love it! As a blogger, I feel that this could encourage visitors to comment and will also increase page views. As a blog reader I like this because it encourages me to comment instead of just reading the post and moving on.
- When the post opens in a new window there is a 'share bar' with options that allow you to share via Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest - Cool huh?
- It can also be accessed via any browser without the use of an additional plugin.
- Ability to manually categorize subscriptions. Please note that while subscriptions can be imported from Google Readers folder cannot be imported.
- And this is probably the best feature-You are able to 'like' posts by clicking the ♥ button so that you can view them later.
So what do you think? Ready to make the switch to Bloglovin'? If so please do Follow us with Bloglovin. If you have added Bloglovin' and want us to follow your blog let us know in the comments below and we'll be sure to stop by!