2. When I absolutely love a book, I buy multiple copies because I have to have ALL the covers.
3. I married my prom date. It should also be noted that my prom dress had five bows and nine million sequins on it.
4. I think chocolate covered pretzels are proof that God loves me.
5. I have inappropriate feelings for Jim Caviezel.
6. If I had had a son, I would have named him after Rainer Maria Rilke.
7. I think nice people and sarcasm are underrated.
8. I’m the worst liar ever. If they award that title at some point in time, I should win it hands down.
9. I am obsessed with Costco. I’m trying to convince them to let me move in.
10. My favorite Muppet is Beaker.
11. I love the song Tarzan Boy. Sometimes I listen to it on repeat. I feel no shame over this.
12. I can’t whistle. At all.
13. I am completely antisocial. I can go more than a week at a time without ever leaving my house and it doesn’t bother me.
14. I suck at small talk. (See #13)
15. I hate glitter.
16. I have an overzealous love for the show Victorious. I use my daughters as an excuse to watch it.
17. When I was young, I wouldn’t swim in the deep end of the pool because I was convinced there was a shark under there that I couldn’t see.
18. If you don’t know what an ROUS is, you are either far too young or we are not friends.
19. I can’t watch horror movies. They scare the hell out of me.
20. I’m fanatical about Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series. I would risk stalking charges for her. It would be worth it.
21. I don’t find leather pants attractive.
22. I’m making it my life’s mission to find a way to bring back Morton’s cinnamon donuts. The world is a better place with them in it.
23. My Antonia is my favorite classic novel. It’s such a beautiful, poignant, atmospheric book. I want to hit people over the head with it to get them to read it but I’m not quite sure how successful that technique would be.
24. I’m a plant murderer. I kill them all. Even the impossible to kill ones. I’ve given up. I can’t handle the sense of failure.
25. When I lived in New York, I used to lay in bed on Saturday mornings and watch the mice chase each other across the floor. I don’t miss the mice. I do miss the pizza and The Strand.
Thank you so much to Valerie Vennix from Simon & Schuster and Katja Millay for their support! :)